Looking to send money abroad from nigeria but don’t know how? Wise makes the process simple and cost-effective. You can transfer money from Nigeria to more than 190 countries.
Wise, an online money transfer service, allows you to send money internationally at super low fees. To set up an account and start sending transfers today, simply follow these steps!
What is Wise?
Wise is the quick, easy and low-cost way for people in Nigeria to transfer money internationally with just one click. Unlike other remittance companies, there are no fees or rates at all.
No matter what currency you’re sending, no matter how much you’re sending, you’ll always pay exactly what we tell you upfront – usually about four times less than the average fee of Nigerian banks (N138 per transaction).
With a free debit card which can be loaded with cash withdrawals worldwide as well as online transactions at any ATM/MasterCard Point of Sale terminal globally, your hard-earned dollars can now be easily and securely transferred to your family overseas.
Why should I use it?
Signing up for Wise is super simple and takes no more than ten minutes, during which you’ll be guided through the whole process step-by-step. Once it’s done, you’ll be able to withdraw funds from your local bank or mobile wallet straight into your ‘new’ UK bank account.
Plus, because there are zero hidden fees, it means that the rate you see is the rate you get. And better yet? You can sign up by downloading the Wise app in five seconds! Just hit ‘sign up now
What are some features of Wise?
If you’re looking for the best way to transfer money abroad, Wise makes it easy. You can set up an account in Nigeria so your Nigerian friends and family members can easily and securely transfer money into their own bank accounts, just like they were sending it back home. Plus, it’s not necessary for you to visit your local bank or ATM—all of the transactions happen online!
Who can use it?
1. People who need to send money abroad or receive money abroad
2. People who have family overseas and would like to give them some cash as a gift.
3. International business owners who want to collect payments online without having it converted into local currency, sometimes with higher charges that the receiver is then expected to exchange back into their currency with an FX provider – this eliminates that risk for the merchant, but does incur a small conversion fee for the payer.
4. Couples separated by work or study, each with different bank accounts in different countries, who need to be able to transfer money quickly and cheaply between their own accounts
5. Migrants who are sending remittances home regularly can benefit from WISE’s personalised and highly competitive rates on larger amounts of funds.
6. Expats living in Nigeria can use WISE if they’re being paid in USD/EURO/GBP etc.
How do I open an account?
Create an account on the Transferwise website by entering your email address and confirming your name. Once you are signed in, follow the instructions on how to register and verify your bank details.
Ensure that the same information is registered for your recipient as well (e.g. Mobile phone number, full address).
If this is your first transfer with Wise, you will need to load funds into your currency wallet by making an international payment from either bank account or credit card.
If you want to learn how to fund your account from Nigeria without using your Debit Card Please watch this video
More about accounts.
Wise is designed to make life easier for people who regularly send money abroad. That’s why they don’t charge any fees when transferring money, and why it takes less than two minutes to sign up.
Anyone can set up an account with Wise, and you’ll be able to do it all through the app as well! So if you’re ready to get started, just follow these simple steps:
– Make sure you have your national ID card or passport on hand as th is will be used to verify your identity.
– Choose whether you want your profile as Personal or Business – Provide a few details about yourself such as name, date of birth and address.
– Enter the bank details from where you would like to transfer funds (in Nigeria). If you are sending money from Nigeria then click ‘Nigeria’ in the drop down menu.
Your first transaction.
Many people are not familiar with the process of transferring funds and would prefer an easier, faster and cheaper option. Transferwise charges less than what banks do for their transfer rates and offers customers the ability to transfer using their smart phone.
Also read: How to Open Domiciliary account in Nigeria
Creating an account is simple. Simply click on sign up now, then fill out the form with your email address, password, name and mobile number.
The next screen will ask you to verify your identity by uploading a copy of your drivers license or passport scan as well as filling in some information such as country and address of where you’ll be sending money from.
Once that’s done, the app asks you to download it so that you can send money easily through your phone.
It takes about five minutes to set up this account and once it’s created, you’ll receive an email notification confirming it. It also has a chatbot which helps answer any questions that might arise while setting up the account.