Airtel Nigeria is one of the largest telecommunication networks in Nigeria, with over 60 million subscribers. As an Airtel user, it is possible to transfer airtime to friends and family using various methods, just like other networks such as MTN and 9mobile. If you’re wondering how to transfer airtime on Airtel Nigeria, this article is for you.
In this step-by-step guide, we will explore the different methods you can use to transfer airtime on Airtel Nigeria.
One of the easiest ways to transfer airtime on Airtel in Nigeria is through the Airtel Me2U service. This service allows Airtel subscribers to share their credit and data with other users on the Airtel network.
To use Airtel Me2U, the first thing you need to do is to set up a transfer pin. This pin is a 4-digit code that you will use to authorize any transaction you make. To set up your transfer pin, dial *432# from your Airtel line and follow the instructions.
Once you have set up your transfer pin, you can now proceed to transfer airtime. To do this, simply dial *432# and select “Me2U” from the options.
Next, select “Transfer airtime” and enter the recipient’s phone number. You will then be asked to enter the amount you want to transfer and your transfer pin.
It’s important to note that users cannot transfer more than N5000 per day using Airtel Me2U. Additionally, only users on the Airtel network can receive airtime transfers through this service.
Overall, Airtel Me2U is a convenient way to share your airtime with friends and family on the Airtel network. Just remember to keep your transfer pin safe and to adhere to the daily transfer limit.
Also Read: Palmpay Loan: How To Get Quick Loans
Also Read: How to Open Domiciliary account in Nigeria
How to change your default Me2U Transfer Pin
It is important to change your default Me2U Transfer Pin on Airtel Nigeria to ensure the security of your airtime. The default PIN is usually 1234 and it is recommended to change it to a more personal and secure one.
To change your default Me2U Transfer Pin, simply send a text message with the following format: PIN [Default PIN] [New PIN] to 432. For example, if your default PIN is 1234 and you want to change it to 5678, you should send “PIN 1234 5678” to 432.
Once you have sent the text message, you will receive a confirmation message from Airtel stating that your PIN has been changed successfully. It is important to keep your new PIN safe and not share it with anyone.
After changing your Me2U Transfer Pin, you can now transfer airtime to any other Airtel user in Nigeria by sending a text message with the following format: 2U [Phone Number] [Amount] [PIN] to 432.
For example, if you want to transfer N500 to a friend with the phone number 080XXXXXXXX, and your new PIN is 5678, you should send “2U 080XXXXXXXX 500 5678” to 432.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel via SMS
One way to transfer airtime on Airtel Nigeria is by using SMS. Follow these easy steps to transfer airtime via SMS:
- Step 1: Open your phone’s messaging app
- Step 2: Type the message “2u (space) Airtel number (space) Amount (space) PIN” and send it to 432
For example 2u 08012345678 200 1234 (where 08012345678 is the recipient’s phone number, 200 is the amount you wish to transfer, and 1234 is your Me2U transfer PIN)
- Step 3: You will receive a message asking you to confirm the transfer by replying with 1. Type “1” and send.
- Step 4: Your recipient will receive the transferred airtime immediately.
Note: The minimum transfer amount via SMS is N50, and the maximum is N5,000. Ensure you have enough airtime to cover the transfer amount and any service charges.
Also, make sure you have changed your default Me2U transfer PIN to a unique four-digit number to prevent unauthorized transfers. You can change your Me2U transfer PIN by dialing *432# and following the prompts or via the MyAirtel App.
Also Read: How to get free netflix Login
Transfer Airtime via the MyAirtel App
If you prefer using your smartphone to transfer airtime, the MyAirtel App is an easy and convenient option. Follow these steps to transfer airtime using the app:
- Download the MyAirtel App: You can download the app from your device’s app store or from Airtel’s website.
- Register or Sign In Once you have downloaded the app, register or sign in with your Airtel phone number and other necessary details.
- Select Airtime Transfer: From the main menu of the app, select the ‘Airtime Transfer’ option.
- Enter the Recipient’s Phone Number: Enter the phone number of the person you want to send airtime.
- Enter Amount: Enter the amount you want to transfer. The minimum amount you can transfer via the app is N50, and the maximum amount is N5,000.
- Confirm Transfer: Review the details of the transaction, and then click ‘Confirm Transfer’.
- Enter Transfer PIN: Enter your transfer PIN to authorize the transaction.
- Wait for Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation message that the transaction was successful. The recipient will also receive a notification that airtime has been sent to their phone.
Using the MyAirtel App is a simple and quick way to transfer airtime to family and friends. It saves you the stress of having to remember transfer codes and can be done anywhere and anytime. However, ensure that you have a stable internet connection before using the app to avoid any interruptions during the transaction process.
Overall, the MyAirtel App offers an efficient and convenient option for transferring airtime on Airtel in Nigeria. Whether you are on the go or at home, this app makes airtime transfers hassle-free. Give it a try today!
Things to Keep in Mind
- The maximum amount you can transfer at a time is N5000.
- There is a limit to the number of transfers you can make in a day. Airtel allows up to five transfers per day.
- You cannot transfer airtime to international numbers.
- The transfer fee for every transaction is N10. This fee is deducted from your account balance.
- If you make a mistake while entering the recipient’s number, you cannot reverse the transfer. Always double-check before sending airtime.
- If you are unable to transfer airtime after following the steps outlined above, contact Airtel customer care for assistance.