Are you looking to learn how to check BVN using your phone number? If so, you have come to the right place! In this blog post, we will provide a detailed guide on how to check BVN with your phone number. We will walk you through the steps you need to take and the information you need to provide to verify your BVN.
Table of Contents
What is A BVN
BVN (Bank Verification Number) is a unique code assigned to every bank customer in Nigeria by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It is a form of biometric identification that is used to authenticate banking transactions.
A BVN code serves as an extra layer of security for customers, ensuring their personal information and banking details remain secure. The code is tied to the customer’s personal information, including their address and phone number, so it cannot be easily accessed or changed without the customer’s knowledge. Banks must issue a BVN to their customers when they open a new account, and customers must present the code whenever they want to make transactions.
How To Get A BVN
Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a biometric identification system that allows Nigerian banks to identify their customers. It is an 11-digit code assigned to individuals who have opened bank accounts in Nigeria. The BVN is used to identify bank customers and help in the prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
To obtain a BVN, you must visit any branch of your bank and provide valid identification documents such as a driver’s license, international passport, or national identity card. You will also need to provide a recent passport photograph.
After completing the required documents, you will be assigned a BVN code, which will be printed on your receipt. This BVN code must then be registered with your respective bank and verified by the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS).
Once your BVN is registered with your respective bank and verified by NIBSS, it becomes your unique identifier for transactions and can be used for various banking activities like checking account balances, making payments, transferring funds, and more. Your BVN is also necessary for any international transactions that involve your Nigerian bank account.
Also Read: Questions about Affiliate Marketing
How To Check BVN Online
If you don’t have access to the phone number associated with your BVN, you can access your BVN through the following process:
- Log onto the NIBSS BVN online portal with your valid email address and password.
- Click on the “Check Your BVN” tab.
- Enter your surname, first name, and date of birth.
- You will be asked to provide your Nigerian Bank Verification Number (BVN) for verification.
- Once you enter the BVN, a verification page will be displayed where you can see the details of your BVN, such as your full name, photograph, residential address, etc.
- If you entered the correct information, a confirmation page will be displayed with your complete BVN number.
- You can now access all the services provided by NIBSS related to your BVN online without having to use your phone number.
That’s it! Now you know how to check your BVN online in Nigeria using the NIBSS BVN Online Portal. With this simple guide, you no longer have to go through the hassle of going to your bank to check your BVN.
Additionally, you can also take advantage of some mobile banking apps that make checking your BVN even easier. Apps like the NIBBS app make it possible for you to check your BVN without even visiting the official portal. All you need to do is download the app from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store, log in with your registered phone number, and view your BVN within seconds.
Also Read: 5 Apps to Help You Save Money in Nigeria
Furthermore, many banks now provide their customers with an easy way to check their BVN without even having to use a mobile app or the official portal. All you need to do is dial certain USSD codes and you can view your details instantly. These codes vary from bank to bank but they are easy enough to find and memorize so that you can always access them when needed.
How To Check BVN on MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, And Airtel
Checking your Bank Verification Number (BVN) online in Nigeria is now a simple and easy process, thanks to the introduction of USSD codes. With your mobile phone, you can quickly check your BVN number using any of the four major networks in Nigeria, MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and Airtel.
To check BVN online using MTN Network, simply dial 5650# from your registered MTN line and follow the on-screen instructions. Once completed, you will receive an SMS containing your BVN information.
If you are using Glo network, dial 5650# and follow the on-screen instructions. After completion, you will receive a text message containing your BVN details.
For 9Mobile users, dial 5650# and follow the on-screen instructions. After completion, you will receive an SMS with your BVN information.
Finally, Airtel users can also check their BVN by dialing 5650# and following the instructions on the screen. Upon completion, you will receive an SMS with your BVN details.
It is important to note that you must use the same mobile number you used when registering for the BVN. Otherwise, the bank might not recognize your BVN.
With the availability of these services, it is now easy to check your BVN online without having to go to the bank. So if you need to check your BVN in Nigeria quickly, take advantage of these services and enjoy the convenience.
The Advantages of Having a BVN
The BVN (Bank Verification Number) is a universal number issued to Nigerian bank customers to identify their account information, as well as their identity. It is important for security reasons and it also serves to simplify banking transactions.
Having a BVN in Nigeria has several advantages, including:
- Enhanced security: By using the BVN, banks can identify and track transactions for customers. This helps to reduce the risk of fraud or identity theft, and it also makes it easier for banks to verify customer information.
- Quicker access: Customers can access their accounts more quickly by using the BVN, as it serves as a form of verification when logging in to online banking or visiting a physical branch.
- Easier to keep track of accounts: If a customer has multiple accounts at different banks, they can use their BVN to easily keep track of them, making it easier to transfer money between accounts.
- Ability to apply for loans: Banks may require customers to provide their BVN when applying for a loan, as this allows them to quickly and securely verify the applicant’s identity.
- Helps protect your data: With the BVN, banks can protect customers’ sensitive information, such as their account numbers and other personal details, which helps to ensure that it is not accessed by unauthorized persons.
Overall, having a BVN in Nigeria has many benefits for both individuals and banks. It helps to keep customer data secure, and it also makes banking transactions quicker and easier. As such, it is recommended that all Nigerian bank customers obtain a BVN.
Also Read: Best Loan Apps in Nigeria That Don’t Require BVN
BVN is an important identification document in Nigeria, and checking your BVN is easy with the right information. Knowing how to check BVN online using different mobile networks can be very helpful in cases where you do not have access to your bank’s website. Make sure to always keep your BVN number safe and secure, as it contains valuable personal information.